The Company: Dotdigital is a thriving global community of passionate, dedicated professionals, committed to the collective success of the organization and its clients. Our core principles of innovation, teamwork, and client-focused solutions drive us to approach challenges with a growth mindset and take ownership of our work. At Dotdigital, collaboration and curiosity pave the way for meaningful connections and learning opportunities with diverse peers. Our work environment encourages knowledge sharing, fosters exploration, and cherishes creative ideas. Combined, these guide us towards a shared vision in which brands around the world exceed customer expectations through the adoption of responsible marketing practices.
The Product: Dotdigital is an all-in-one customer experience and data platform (CXDP) that empowers marketing teams to exceed customer expectations with highly personalized cross-channel journeys. With Dotdigital, marketers can seamlessly unify, enrich, and segment customer data. Breaking down data silos, Dotdigital streamlines decision-making and paves the way for marketing creativity that delivers customer engagement at scale. With powerful AI capabilities, Dotdigital makes it easy to automate deeply personalized experiences across web, email, SMS, WhatsApp, chat, push, social, ads, and more.
About the Role
We're seeking an experienced C# software engineer to join our Platform Engineering Team at Dotdigital. Our software engineering efforts are divided into Product Engineering and Platform Engineering. As part of the Platform Engineering team, you'll wear multiple hats, including:
Future Engineering: Collaborating with Principal Engineers to explore technical opportunities such as those in the Kafka ecosystem and investigating Data Platforms to enhance our real-time data processing capabilities.
Data Engineering: Facilitating efficient data access for our Data Science team, and supporting them in building robust, high-performance models.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE): Enhancing application observability, debugging intricate production issues, and optimizing performance.
Cross-Cutting Concerns: Tackling platform-wide challenges, including updating core tech stacks and implementing initiatives driven by Principal Engineers.
Current Tech Stack
- Collection of .NET services & websites running in Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS).
- Service Bus & Event Hubs (Azure’s Kafka) for messaging & streaming respectively.
- SQL Server, BigQuery, Cosmos, Mongo, Databricks & Redis stores.
- Azure DevOps for all of SLDC including deployments.
- Elastic Search (including APM) & Prometheus/Grafana for observability.
The ideal candidate has significant experience as a software engineer and demonstrates:
- Solid expertise in C#, with Python experience being a plus.
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms, particularly Azure.
- Production experience in eventing systems and architectures, particularly in the Kafka ecosystem
- Experience with modern real-time analytical data platforms
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to champion any given problem
- Leadership, proactive, and communication talents, working well independently and within a remote team environment
- Precision, professionalism, and time efficiency in all aspects of work
- Accountability for outcomes and a dedication to learning from past experiences for future improvements.
"As a part of the Platform Engineering team at Dotdigital, you're not just another engineer - you're an essential part of shaping our company's technological future. We value innovation and collaboration, and together we work on complex challenges while supporting each other's growth. It's a thrilling place to be, fostering an environment where you'll never stop learning and always feel like you're making a difference."
Some of Our Global Benefits
- Parental leave
- Medical benefits
- Paid sick leave
- Dotdigital day
- Share reward
- Wellbeing reward
- Wellbeing Days
- Loyalty reward
Please apply for this role before March 6th
As an equal opportunities employer we are committed to equality in all its practices with regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. If you have any additional requirements or adjustments to assist an application then please don't hesitate to contact us and advise us how we can best support you.
No agencies/recruiters please. We are only accepting applications directly from the applicants. If you are a recruiter, please refrain from reaching out to our staff about this position. Anything contrary will be treated as unsolicited approach under the applicable data protection law.