UK BDR Manager
The UK BDR Manager will provide both daily operational and long-term team-building leadership to an outbound team of Business Development Representatives
The UK BDR Manager will provide both daily operational and long-term team-building leadership to an outbound team of Business Development Representatives who support our direct sales team in London and Manchester. You will recruit, train, and motivate, developing consistent performers for promotion to our direct and channel sales teams.
Reporting to the Head of Business Development – EMEA & Americas, you will cross-functionally collaborate across marketing, sales, customer success, finance and human resources. Your SaaS sales industry background (e.g. ESP’s, eComms, SI’s, CRM) enables you to hit the ground running. You are a driven self-starter – a natural leader and problem solver – who is both empathetic and demanding while setting high standards for all to achieve.
- Manage the daily to quarterly operations of a group of post-grad salespeople – clarifying goals, supporting the team as they conduct calls, engage with prospects, build responsive relationships based on needs discovery, pipeline generation, and conversion of leads into relevant direct sales demonstrations
- Provide regular updates to your team about objectives and processes.
- Assess the strength and weaknesses of your team, managing each team member to their fullest potential.
- Mentor and motivate team members to exceed objectives through daily coaching, designed to improve their business acumen, commercial skills, and the ability to identify and overcome performance gaps.
- Strive to exceed sales quota through ongoing pipeline review and analysis.
- Identify and implement improvements in process, efficiency, and productivity.
- Cross-functionally collaborate effectively with marketing, sales, customer service, finance and human resources.
- Hire, train, and manage an effective outbound team of Business Development Representatives supporting the UK Commercial & Mid-Market sales teams in Manchester and London.
- Passionately develop sales-ready candidates for promotion within dotdigital’ s high-growth direct sales teams in London and Manchester.
- A track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets in a high-volume sales environment.
- 2+ years of experience in software sales team leadership with sales development as a key focus in eCommerce, Martech, Adtech, or CRM outfits with a consistent track record of over achievement.
- Solid communication, organizational and time-management skills.
- Experience sourcing, hiring, and training new sales representatives for promotion.
- Solid CRM database knowledge and experience required; Microsoft Dynamics experience is a decidedly nice-to-have as is a relevant university degree.