Technical Writing Manager
We’re looking for a Technical Writing Manager to join us in our Product Team.
You’ll be working alongside our friendly product management, development and design teams as part of a dynamic, flexible and ambitious company that enjoys continued success and expansion.
You’ll have ultimate ownership over our product documentation, and be responsible for making it clear, concise and useful. You’ll manage a small team and develop a deep understanding of our products.
With a passion for writing and technology, you’ll be able to describe complex solutions in a way that is easy to understand. You will have a strong dislike for bad English, and passionate views on the Oxford comma.
Who we are
dotdigital has over 350 employees and offices across four continents.
Our core product is Engagement Cloud, an omnichannel customer engagement platform enabling businesses to engage with their customers through email, SMS, social media and advertising via mobile, web and chat technologies.
We have offices in London, Croydon, Manchester and Cheltenham in the UK.
Our international locations include New York, Los Angeles, Sydney, Melbourne, Cape Town, Singapore, Warsaw and Minsk.
- Manage and expand if appropriate dotdigital’s team of technical writers
- Develop an understanding of our products and features, how they are deployed and how they can be used together
- Ensure, through delegation, writing and editing that dotdigital’s products are comprehensively documented
- Work towards managing and refining our house style of writing
- Maintain our very high standards of writing and technical accuracy
- Make dotdigital’s documentation the clearest and most helpful of all our peers
- Monitor and reduce average article age
- Ensure product release notes are accurate and available in a timely manner
- Liaise with our localisation providers to ensure our products are translated to high standards
Experience and skills
- Top-of-the-class English writing skills
- Demonstrable experience of documenting complex solutions with easy-to-understand support articles
- Ability to put our customers and users at the heart of our documentation
- Knowledge of HTML and APIs a must
- Good general communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of writing documentation for a digital SaaS tool would be very beneficial
- Management experience desired
- Previous experience of localisation processes and practices an advantage
- Previous experience using a CMS useful but not essential
- Competitive salary
- Ability to work from home for up to three days a week post-probation
- Free drinks and snacks
- Free lunches twice a month
- Friday afternoon drinks trolley
- Summer and Christmas parties