Senior Finance Assistant
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Finance Manager to join our finance team of 20 at an AIM-listed, leading global omnichannel marketing automation business
This is a great opportunity for a qualified, commercially astute accountant to join a rapidly expanding company within a career progression role for the right candidate.
We offer a competitive salary package, a great working environment in our vibrant offices in London Bridge and the opportunity to become part of a thriving fast growing, award winning company.
The role will suit a candidate able to take ownership of the operational finance function and reporting, analysing issues and solving problems.
The ideal candidate will perform well under pressure and will have the ability to motivate and empower others to reach organisational goals.
The role will be challenging but highly rewarding. You will be reporting and working closely with the Finance Manager and Financial Controller.
- Contribute to overlooking the day to day running of the Group’s subsidiaries
- Ensuring management accounts are closed on a timely basis
- Preparation of timely and accurate monthly departmental reports
- Complete timely and accurate preparation of VAT returns within statutory deadlines
- Partnering with department managers to provide financial support and information
- Systems development and improvement for increased efficiency
- Assist in the preparation of interim and year end management accounts for the Group audit and preparing audit schedules
- Producing ad-hoc reports when required
- Taking the lead on departmental projects
- Adhering to team service level expectations
- Fully or part ACA / ACCA qualified
- Minimum 3 years industry experience working in a busy finance team
- Expert MS EXCEL and demonstrable knowledge of an accounting package eg SAGE
- Good understanding of SME organisations and the direct impact a finance team can have on the organization
- Confident and motivated with a professional manner
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Willingness to learn and demonstrable appetite to progress within the role
- ACA / ACCA qualified
- 4+ years industry experience working in a busy finance team
- SAGE experience
Who we are
Founded in a London pub in 1999, we’ve come a long way to get here. Today, dotdigital has over 350 employees and offices across four continents. dotdigital’s easy-to-use Engagement Cloud combines powerful technology with passionate people to deliver an unbeatable service.
Engagement Cloud is an omni channel marketing platform, allowing businesses to engage with their customers through email, SMS, social media and advertising via mobile, web and chat technologies.
In our efforts to pre-empt customers’ needs, we’ve expanded far beyond the capabilities of a simple email provider. We’ve added channels, features, and integrations to our platform, year on year, until becoming a customer engagement platform with powerful omnichannel capabilities.
Whether you are a developer, customer service specialist, digital designer or marketer, dotdigital hires across a broad spectrum of skills and we never stop hiring! We have offices in London, East Croydon, Manchester and Cheltenham in the UK.
Our international locations include New York, Los Angeles, Sydney, Melbourne, Cape Town and Minsk.