Senior Data Scientist
We are looking for a data scientist with a strong knowledge of Machine Learning to join our growing Product team, some one who will help us discover the information hidden in our vast amounts of data and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products.
Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products, including customer scoring using machine learning techniques, extending and improving upon our recommendation, next best action systems and to improve and extend our content classification capabilities.
You will have the opportunity to make a large impact to the customers of dotdigital’s Engagement Cloud platform. You will be working with our product managers and software engineers to identify key metrics, conduct deep and rigorous analysis and deliver novel insights and data products that drive customer acquisition and revenue growth.
You will be trusted with tackling the toughest and most impactful analytical problems that affect our customers and will guide and advise the team on how we use machine learning to stay ahead of market trends and to further strengthen our platform to serve both current and future dotdigital customers.
You are an inquisitive thinker who is keen to practice full-stack data science, with experience ranging from designing and engineering data extraction processes to finding patterns and anomalies in data through analytical techniques. You have strong interest in honing your technical skills further on a wide variety of real-world data and you believe that data science can lead to insights that can guide the future development of dotdigital.
The role is based in our Croydon product hub and reports directly to our Chief Product Officer.
- You will help design and analyze experiments to understand user behaviors, purchasing behaviors and long-term trends
- You sit at the intersection between product and engineering to inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions
- You will help foster a culture of data experimentation to build better products and find new ways to optimize our customer’s own engagement strategies
- Define, drive and analyze results of tests to assess whether online performance is in line with offline simulations
- Provide data-driven insights to ensure dotdigital exceeds customer expectations and remains one step ahead of competitive threats
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist
- Experience in data mining
- Understanding of machine-learning
- Knowledge of TensorFlow, R, SQL and Python and experience with Google Big Query would be highly beneficial
- Experience using business intelligence tools and data frameworks
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, pro-active and independent
This is a hands-on role and proven experience in the field of large-scale B2B SaaS products would be highly beneficial along with experience of digital marketing platforms.