Senior Accounts Assistant
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Senior Accounts Assistant to join our finance team of 20 at an AIM-listed, leading ‘SaaS’ provider of an omnichannel marketing automation and customer engagement platform.
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic and hands-on experienced Senior Accounts Assistant, commercially astute individual to join a rapidly expanding company within a career progression role for the right candidate.
We offer a competitive salary package, a great working environment in our vibrant offices in London Bridge and the opportunity to become part of a thriving fast growing, award winning company.
The role will suit a candidate who has experience in both accounts’ receivables and payables, including month end and a good working knowledge of debits and credits, and who is looking to further their career in finance.
The ideal candidate will perform well under pressure and be able to support the Finance Manager in ad-hoc projects. The role will be challenging but highly rewarding.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Accounts Payable for our UK entity
- Inputting invoices & expenses including prepayments and accruals
- Posting payments through the bank (NatWest & HSBCnet)
- Supplier accounts reconciliations/ Bank reconciliations including supplier payments/ Ability to produce ad hoc reports
- Shared responsibility for overlooking the day to day running of the UK entity with the other members of the team and ensuring that the month end duties and management accounts are closed on a timely basis
- Cross train with the team to provide holiday and sick cover for international subsidiaries
- Help with the preparation of VAT returns within statutory deadlines, ensuring its completeness and accuracy
- Supporting our credit control and financial operations teams with Accounts receivables
- Business partnering with relevant managers within the company to provide financial support and information
- Assist in the implementation of a PO system
- Assist in the preparation of audit schedules to support interim and year end accounts and the group audit
- Experience using PO systems & Online banking for payments in the UK (Global experience desirable)
- Have a relevant degree or AAT qualified, and looking to study towards ACCA/CIMA or similar
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum 3-5 years industry experience within a similar role in a busy environment.
- Experience with MS Excel and Sage 200 (other systems will be considered)
- Good understanding of SME organisations and particularly the direct impact of their work has on the organization
- Will need to be confident, motivated and have a professional manner. They will need to have good time management and organisational skills and be willing to learn and show an appetite to progress within the role
- The department works under a monthly plan (which may change depending on time of year) which aims to hit targets to improve the overall performance of the entire group
- The atmosphere is intellectually challenging, demanding, friendly, non-bureaucratic and continually evolving. Although the atmosphere is relaxed it is highly professional in nature and very much committed to providing a quality service to our customers and satisfying their needs
- Dynamic role which will evolve and change as the company grows and evolves to meet its business needs.