Business Development Representative
In this role, you will be joining our direct sales team in New York and focussing on developing our US markets. You’ll be responsible for developing either mid-market or commercial (enterprise) new business opportunities through both inbound qualifying, working within a team of eight peers. As the first point of contact with our new prospects you’ll be building and maintaining relationships by understanding their business needs and providing the solutions through our product features and services. This will lead to meeting or demo-bookings for our members of our mid-market and commercial sales teams.
You are ambitious and looking to build your career in global digital technology company. Organised and detail focused, you are a natural communicator with a good grounding in sales. You are tech-savvy and passionate about providing technology solutions in a business-to-business context. Experience in the email marketing industry is ideal, with digital SaaS experience desirable. You are aiming to build a career in sales and, in return, we will provide you with the career development and experience to progress. From the start, you are a key component of our sales team, earning a full sales compensation package that outstrips many of our American Marketing Technology competitors. As a member of our sales team, you will earn a base salary in addition to target-driven commission earnings, and a comprehensive benefits package. When you have consistently hit your targets for a year you will be eligible for promotion to the next tier in our team.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of all dotmailer features
- Source new opportunities through outbound calls and emails
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
- Strive to understand customer needs and requirements
- Build relationships with prospects by gaining insight into their businesses, enabling you to provide solutions for their email marketing requirements
- Route qualified opportunities to Sales Consultants for further development and closure
- Utilise CRM software to record activity, monitor, and advance opportunities
- Achieve and exceed monthly & annual targets
- A record of accomplishment in a B2B Sales Development role
- An understanding of developing relationships with decision makers within client marketing teams
- A customer-oriented approach
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Tech-savvy and passionate about technology solutions
- Very organised and process-driven; capable of multi-tasking with good time-management
- Experience with CRM tools
Who we are
Founded in a London pub in 1999, we’ve come a long way to get here. Today, dotdigital has over 350 employees and offices across four continents. dotdigital’s easy-to-use Engagement Cloud combines powerful technology with passionate people to deliver an unbeatable service.
Engagement Cloud is an omni channel marketing platform, allowing businesses to engage with their customers through email, SMS, social media and advertising via mobile, web and chat technologies.
In our efforts to pre-empt customers’ needs, we’ve expanded far beyond the capabilities of a simple email provider. We’ve added channels, features, and integrations to our platform, year on year, until becoming a customer engagement platform with powerful omnichannel capabilities.
Whether you are a developer, customer service specialist, digital designer or marketer, dotdigital hires across a broad spectrum of skills and we never stop hiring! We have offices in New York, Los Angeles, Sydney, Melbourne, Cape Town, Minsk, London (HQ), East Croydon, Manchester and Cheltenham.