Sales Consultant FTC
In this fixed term contract role you will be joining our APAC Sales team and working our newly anticipated office in Singapore
You’ll be responsible for generating and closing sales qualified opportunities for prospects in South East Asian regions, particularly Singapore. You will drive the relationship and sale from start to finish. Leads will also be driven by our Partnerships Manager, also based in Singapore, as well as potential prospects coming inbound via our wider APAC team.
We are looking for candidates with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in business development with a SaaS sales background (ideally Email Service Providers, ecommerce platforms and System Integrators, CRM etc.) and the experience to recognize buying signals and to convert prospects with a consultative approach, listening and understanding where dotdigital can help their business, coupled with negotiating and closing skills and experience. You will be answering technical questions and handling objections, so while a background in email marketing is not essential, an awareness of its principles is beneficial.
Demo bookings and meetings, as well as regional travel would be expected.
You are ambitious and looking to build your career in a global digital technology company. Organised and detail focussed, you are a natural communicator with a good grounding in sales. You are tech-savvy and passionate about providing technology solutions in a business-to-business context. Experience in the digital marketing industry is ideal, with tech SaaS experience desirable. You are aiming to build a career in sales, and, in return, we will provide you with the career development and experience to progress.
From the start, you are a key component of our sales team, earning a full sales compensation package that outstrips many of our Marketing Technology competitors. As a member of our sales team, you will earn a base salary in addition to target-driven commission earnings, and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Develop and maintain a deep knowledge of our Engagement Cloud platform features, industry, pricing plans and service portfolio
- Generate and identify new sales opportunities using multiple outbound channels and strategies
- Develop a deep understanding of prospects objectives and challenges and deliver the dotdigital solution against these elements
- Responding to prospects briefs including RFIs and RFPs
- Internally partner with management, marketing, inside sales, sales engineering, channel managers, and delivery teams to collaborate and drive business
- Successfully manage and coordinate between dotdigital and client stakeholders to effectively manage client expectations
- Conduct a consistently high volume of booked product demonstrations or discovery meetings with fully qualified prospects
- Build and manage an active pipeline through the sales cycle to deal close
- Deliver against monthly sales targets and pipeline commitments
- Track all your activity in our CRM and related tools
- Continually develop your digital industry knowledge and demonstrate commercial understanding
- Proven success in a target-driven new business sales role – meeting and exceeding sales quota in a team-based environment
- Experience selling digital technology and service solutions with Email Service Providers, MarTech, AdTech SaaS vendors, related eCommerce platforms and/or their System Integrators, and/or related agency ecosystems
- Demonstrated experience partnering with internal marketing, inside sales, sales engineering, channel managers, and client/professional service teams to close new business
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong phone sales, negotiation, communication, and presentation skills
- Eligibility to work in Singapore without sponsorship
- Local native speaker and English fluency
- A University degree is desirable
- Formal sales training is a plus
Who we are
Founded in a London pub in 1999, we’ve come a long way to get here. Today, dotdigital has over 350 employees and offices across four continents. dotdigital’s easy-to-use Engagement Cloud combines powerful technology with passionate people to deliver an unbeatable service.
Engagement Cloud is an omni channel marketing platform, allowing businesses to engage with their customers through email, SMS, social media and advertising via mobile, web and chat technologies.
In our efforts to pre-empt customers’ needs, we’ve expanded far beyond the capabilities of a simple email provider. We’ve added channels, features, and integrations to our platform, year on year, until becoming a customer engagement platform with powerful omnichannel capabilities.
Whether you are a developer, customer service specialist, digital designer or marketer, dotdigital hires across a broad spectrum of skills and we never stop hiring! We have offices in New York, Los Angeles, Sydney, Melbourne, Cape Town, Minsk, London (HQ), East Croydon, Manchester and Cheltenham, as well as a partner office in Singapore.