Junior Delivery Operations Engineer
We’re looking for a Junior Delivery Operations Engineer to join our growing team at dotdigital
Our market-leading platform empowers our clients marketing and ecommerce teams to create engaging and relevant digital marketing experiences.
This role will help ensure we can continue to grow and face the challenges of delivering email at a very large scale. You will be managing mailservers, collaborating with deliverability experts, and working with experienced engineers to build your skillset and knowledge with the goal of ensuring maximized email delivery of our customer’s messages.
You should have an appreciation for the importance of investments made into such marketing campaigns, and a drive to deliver technology solutions that ensure maximum return for our clients.
Ideally you have previously worked for an email technology company or other SaaS/technology company.
- Configuring and managing mailservers
- Working alongside our Deliverability team on implementing configuration plans to warm new IP addresses for email purposes
- Monitoring and reporting delivery statistics and metrics to internal audiences
- Implementing and improving error reporting and monitoring mechanisms
- Making data driven contributions to identify potential improvements to our delivery infrastructure
- Ensuring compliance with key postmasters and email authentication mechanisms
- Monitoring and reacting to blacklists
- Implementing IP segmentation strategies for managing sending reputation
- Ensuring best use of IP address reputation based upon customer history
- Monitoring returned email to ensure bounce and reply classifications are accurate
- Documenting configuration changes
Experience & Skills
- Previous experience demonstrating technical ability/aptitude e.g. previous experience with
- Using Linux commands (particularly using CentOS 7/bash)
- Running queries on SQL/MySQL/another database
- Coding in HTML & CSS and/or scripting in JS/PHP/Python/C# or another coding language
- Writing QA/test plans
- Scientific approach to experimentation and problem solving (science degree or strong science background desirable)
- Communication skills with an ability to build close relationships with other areas of consulting, deliverability and compliance
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and existing systems
- Creativity to resolve problems and identify new solutions
- Close attention to detail and ability to clearly articulate questions
- Working to service level agreements
- Knowledge of SMTP and email servers, particularly experience with PowerMTA
- Alternatively experience with Postfix, Sendmail, MailerQ, Microsoft Exchange Server, etc.
- Knowledge of DNS
- Experience with dig or nslookup
- Understanding of DKIM and SPF
- Knowledge of email deliverability
Founded in a London pub in 1999, we’ve come a long way to get here. Today, dotdigital has over 350 employees and offices across four continents. dotdigital’s easy-to-use Engagement Cloud combines powerful technology with passionate people to deliver an unbeatable service.
Engagement Cloud is an omni channel marketing platform, allowing businesses to engage with their customers through email, SMS, social media and advertising via mobile, web and chat technologies.
In our efforts to pre-empt customers’ needs, we’ve expanded far beyond the capabilities of a simple email provider. We’ve added channels, features, and integrations to our platform, year on year, until becoming a customer engagement platform with powerful omnichannel capabilities.
We have offices in London, East Croydon, Manchester and Cheltenham in the UK. Our international locations include New York, Los Angeles, Sydney, Melbourne, Cape Town, Singapore, Warsaw and Minsk.