The Company: Dotdigital is a thriving global community of passionate, dedicated professionals, committed to the collective success of the organization and its clients. Our core principles of innovation, teamwork, and client-focused solutions drive us to approach challenges with a growth mindset and take ownership of our work. At Dotdigital, collaboration and curiosity pave the way for meaningful connections and learning opportunities with diverse peers. Our work environment encourages knowledge sharing, fosters exploration, and cherishes creative ideas. Combined, these guide us towards a shared vision in which brands around the world exceed customer expectations through the adoption of responsible marketing practices.
The Product: Dotdigital is an all-in-one customer experience and data platform (CXDP) that empowers marketing teams to exceed customer expectations with highly personalized cross-channel journeys. With Dotdigital, marketers can seamlessly unify, enrich, and segment customer data. Breaking down data silos, Dotdigital streamlines decision-making and paves the way for marketing creativity that delivers customer engagement at scale. With powerful AI capabilities, Dotdigital makes it easy to automate deeply personalized experiences across web, email, SMS, WhatsApp, chat, push, social, ads, and more.
About the Role
Role Purpose: To assist in the performance of the Accounts function for the organisation. Taking a lead role for our Netherlands/South Africa subsidiaries and supporting the team in all other regions and tasks.
The ideal candidate will perform well under pressure and will have the ability to motivate and empower others to reach organisational goals. The role will be challenging but highly rewarding.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day to day running and management of Netherlands entity and South African entity
- Preparation and posting of all month end journals – Accruals/ Prepayments/FA/ Interco
- Manage Accounts Payable for BV/SA and support the rest of the UK/EMEA region
- Perform daily customer banking and all bank reconciliations in multiple currencies
- Support and maintain our Salesboard, keeping it up to date with accurate information and help improve the reporting and billing processes for the group
- Assist with reporting and performance of our Credit control team
- Preparation of VAT returns within statutory deadlines, ensuring its completeness and accuracy
- Take on any ad hoc projects as and when required
- Preparing all audit schedules for interim and year end for BV/SA and assist with our year end Audit
- The ideal candidate will be CIMA/ACCA qualified or similar with a minimum 5+ years industry experience working in a busy finance team for a global company
- Knowledge and experience of all parts of a modern finance team
- Must have strong communication skills and digital literacy, and experience working hybrid/ remote within a team
- Experience (desirable) with the following systems
- Sage (other systems will be considered if candidate can demonstrate a good understanding of accounting packages
- The candidate must have a good understanding of SME organisations and particularly the direct impact their work has on the entire organisation
- Will need to be confident, motivated and have a professional manner. They will need to have good time management and organisational skills and be willing to learn and show an appetite to progress within the role
- The department works under a monthly plan (which may change depending on time of year) which aims to hit targets to improve the overall performance of the entire group
- The team atmosphere is intellectually challenging, demanding, friendly, non-bureaucratic and continually evolving. Although relaxed it is highly professional in nature
- Dynamic role which will evolve and change as the company grows and evolves to meet its business needs.
- 15min Screening Call with Team Talent
- 1 hour video interview with Group Finance Manager and a team member
- 1 hour FINAL video interview with Group Finance Manager, Finance Director and a member of the HR team
Some of Our Global Benefits
- Parental leave
- Medical benefits
- Paid sick leave
- Dotdigital day
- Share reward
- Wellbeing reward
- Wellbeing Days
- Loyalty reward
Please apply for this role before 29/02/2024
As an equal opportunities employer we are committed to equality in all its practices with regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. If you have any additional requirements or adjustments to assist an application then please don't hesitate to contact us and advise us how we can best support you.
No agencies/recruiters please. We are only accepting applications directly from the applicants. If you are a recruiter, please refrain from reaching out to our staff about this position. Anything contrary will be treated as unsolicited approach under the applicable data protection law.