Who we are & what we do:
Our mission is simple: powering customer engagement across all touchpoints.
Dotdigital Group is a leading provider of email marketing and omnichannel SaaS technology to empower digital marketing professionals. Our marketing automation platform is used by over 70,000 marketers in 156 countries worldwide, empowering global marketers to achieve outstanding results with superior tools and services.
Our team is made up of individuals who are proactive, resourceful, bright and who work well independently and part of a cross-functional global team. We have an exciting opportunity for an energetic, proactive Sales and Customer Account Manager to join our fantastic Communications API team.
The Communications API team works with direct brands and partners such as RingGo, Teleperformance, Paragon Customer Communications, Scottish Power, British Airways, and Community Brands to provide business critical omnichannel services to ensure real-time customer communications.
This is a targeted and commissioned 360-degree sales role, meaning your responsibilities will bridge both the Customer Success and Sales functions at Dotdigital. It will allow the right candidate to demonstrate their abilities in pipeline management, closing new business, and supporting and growing a portfolio of existing customers and partners. Reporting to the Director of Communications API, you will be responsible for progressing BDR generated Communications API opportunities through the sales cycle to deal close, including providing accurate forecasting of monthly revenue numbers expected to close. In addition, you will need to develop strong relationships with partners and customers and deliver Customer Success Plans (CSPs) with the objective of retaining and growing revenues associated with your base.
If you’re a result driven individual with a passion for building long term client relationships in a fast-paced SaaS environment, we’d like to meet you. Ideally, candidates for this role will know how to meet ambitious individual and team-wide sales quotas.
Ultimately, a successful candidate should collaborate with multiple teams to achieve quotas while keeping our clients satisfied and engaged with our products and services, ensuring their happiness, success & renewal in the long run.
As a Sales and Customer Success Manager, you will:
- Serve as the primary relationship owner for an assigned group of high value customers and partners with responsibility for retention and growth.
- Work closely with the Communications API BDRs to maximise the conversion of Sales Qualified Opportunities (SQOs), and progress SQOs through the sales cycle to close by demonstrating the value of Dotdigital’s proposition.
- Drive client retention, renewals, upsells and client satisfaction.
- Deliver CSPs to clients, highlighting their successes and areas for development & improvement with the platform.
- Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders.
- Expand relationships with clients by continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives.
- Manage the client relationship though on-boarding and the full client lifecycle.
- Be a Communications API solutions expert, working with other internal teams to ensure knowledge of the platform and services we deliver is strong.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by investigating and resolve issues in a timely manner, escalating to Support or other internal teams.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years managing a client portfolio.
- Experience managing accounts throughout the full life cycle.
- Experience in sales and providing solutions based on prospect or customer needs.
- Proven success in a target-driven client-facing role.
- A consultative approach to client relationships.
- Working knowledge and experience with contracts and contract negotiations.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities, balancing client deliverables on multiple projects as well as internal obligations.
- Dynamic personality able to effectively engage and influence a variety of audiences at all levels of a business.
- Goal-oriented, organized team player.
- Experience in the SMS, WhatsApp, and email marketing industry highly desirable.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to equality in all its practices regarding race, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. If you have any additional requirements or adjustments to assist an application, then please don’t hesitate to contact us and advise us how we can best support you.
No agencies/recruiters please. We are only accepting applications directly from the applicants. If you are a recruiter, please refrain from reaching out to our staff about this position. Anything contrary will be treated as unsolicited approach under the applicable data protection law.