About the job
The Head of Product Marketing is instrumental in driving all-round commercial success for Dotdigital and its product offering. Deep product, category, customer, and market knowledge, combined with commercial acumen are required for success in this role.
The Head of Product Marketing reports into the Global Marketing Director and will lead a team that sits at the intersection of Product, Marketing, and Sales/Customer Success. The team ensures that Sales and Customer Success teams are enabled to position and sell the product confidently as it evolves, and also that customers and Dotdigital’s wider addressable audience are clear on the product offering and the value its solutions bring to their businesses.
The Product Marketing team is responsible for messaging and positioning, product launches, sales enablement, competitor intelligence, strategic partner marketing , and is included in pricing & packaging decisions.
This is a cross-functional role that requires someone who is a great collaborator, and who is able to make sound commercial and customer-driven decisions that will accelerate Dotdigital’s mission to become the leading customer engagement platform for marketers.
As Head of Product Marketing you will:
- Develop and own the Product Marketing strategy and set team KPI’s
- Collaborate closely with the Head of Product Management and wider Product org and be a driver for sound and proactive decision-making around go-to-market plans and pricing.
- Build strong relationships with the leadership team and senior management, establishing yourself as the go-to for decisions around go-to-market strategies including pricing.
- Act as the voice of the customer, by developing a deep understanding of both buyer aspirations and customer needs and evangelising this across the business.
- Collaborate with the wider Product team on opportunity identification where there are gaps in the market and/or competitive opportunities, and support with roadmap prioritisation.
- Define top-level product messaging and positioning to be filtered through to all Marketing and rest of business
- Support the creation of integrated campaigns across other areas of marketing including partner marketing
- Collaborate with Product & Professional Services leaders on pricing and packaging of our platform and services offering; continuously looking for opportunities through which Dotdigital’s can monetise the value it delivers to its growing and ever-evolving customer base globally.
- Lead and continue to grow the global Product Marketing function, ensuring the team are enabled to
- Define a messaging foundation that includes globally relevant themes and storylines about our products, integrations and the problems they solve for our target customer(s).
- Roll-out of impactful, differentiated product and integration launches.
- Deliver processes, content and pitch materials for Sales and Customer Success teams
- Influence top-level marketing stories, ensuring relevant themes are integrated into marketing plans and that Dotdigital’s product positioning is clearly conveyed across brand marketing assets
- Manage Dotdigital’s competitor intelligence program, in turn enabling teams to drive up win rates against top competitors.
- Manage marketing relationships with Dotdigital’s strategic integration partners that result in lead generation, referrals, and increased brand awareness in the partner ecosystems.
- Run successful advocacy campaigns and utilise review platforms to further Dotdigital’s goals
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- 5+ years of experience in a Product Marketing role within the B2B SaaS industry
- Minimum 2+ years of experience managing a team
- MarTech experience is strongly preferred
- A proven track record of successfully determining product-market fit and launching products to market with commercial success
- Experience launching and managing Product Marketing programs globally
- Leadership experience
- A data-driven approach
- Ability to lead and communicate cross-functionally across and other departments
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Second-to-none presentation skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
As an equal opportunities employer we are committed to equality in all its practices with regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. If you have any additional requirements or adjustments to assist an application then please don’t hesitate to contact us and advise us how we can best support you.
No agencies/recruiters please. We are only accepting applications directly from the applicants. If you are a recruiter, please refrain from reaching out to our staff about this position. Anything contrary will be treated as unsolicited approach under the applicable data protection law