Platform DevOps Engineer
We’re looking for a talented and self-motivated Platform / DevOps Engineer to help us in the design and management of production and development environments that support Dotdigital as a whole and in particular our Engagement Cloud Platform.
You will be part of empowering application development and IT operations teams to continuously improve the business outcomes through collaboration, automation and seamless integration across the enterprise.
As part of the team, you will get involved with all stages of the DevOps Engineering Life Cycle (concept, define, design, build, test, release, maintain and retire) with the opportunity to drill down into specific technical areas and move to other functional areas.
You will be joining and working as a key member of an Agile Platform Engineering / DevOps Team whose responsibility is to help deliver high volume, high availability and high performance global platforms.
- Developing systems to automate deployment of servers and services through automation framework and tests in Azure
- Employing configuration management techniques to produce accurate version controlled results
- Working with the development team to deliver projects through the development, staging and production cycle
- Identify and address platform points of failure and bottlenecks, ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Helping build out process and define structure round a new and growing team that will change as it grows
- Able to formulate and execute solution to take into consideration the needs of multiple stakeholders
- A positive, constructive, approach with an emphasis on collaboration and good execution
Experience and skills:
- Strong experience in configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, Puppet) with exposure to PowerShell Desired State
- Demonstrable scripting experience with Powershell (Python, Bash is good too)
- Experience with Azure Native Cloud technologies, Azure functions, Kubernetes, Docker, ContainerD, Serverless
- Experience in Infrastructure as Code, (Terraform, Azure ARM, Bicep) that has to work at scale and in multiple regions
- Comfortable working with versioning tools (Git, Github, CVS, VSTS)
- Must have strong experience with Cloud Native technologies Kubernetes, Docker, ContainerD, Serverless, (with a focus on Azure technologies)
- Excellent CI/CD authoring. Automation is key. Looking for Azure Pipelines experience here (yaml)
- Strong background in Windows System Administration (2016-2022) at scale
- Knowledge and experience of automating technologies such as IIS, AD, DNS, SQL, Networking, TCP/IP, Firewalls, Load balancers
- Strong background in Linux Administration (Ubuntu, Alpine, Debian)
- Experience Observability and Reporting tools and their components (ElasticSearch, Grafana, Prometheus, Thanos, Raygun)
- Time and Project Management. You will be working across platforms and teams each with different cadences and deadlines
- Using all the above to help monitor, troubleshoot and diagnose performance problems
- Experience of working in .NET development or SaaS environments
- Experience with distributed data systems would be beneficial (Elasticsearch)
- Large scale monitoring and reporting (ELK stack, Grafana Prometheus)
- A strong communicator, who actively listens and shows empathy, with an ability to influence others
- Open-minded and comfortable questioning the status quo, coming up with new solutions and considerate of others'
- Enthusiastic and positive, with a bias to action
- Passionate for technology which drives you to learn and understand technologies
- A team player! We're all in this together so be supportive and understanding
- Certification in the relevant technology and with 1 or more of the cloud vendors
- Knowledge one or more Cloud Platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with DevOps variations such as DevSecOps, DataDevOps, DevNetOps
- Experience applying DevOps principles to different types of architectures
- Knowledge of IaaS implementation, Availability sets, Azure Networking concepts, Express Route, DNS, Load Balancing
- Strong skills in areas such as Docker, Kubernetes, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS to name a few
- The design and implementation of continuous delivery practices and release management methods
- Defining and managing a roadmap for the implementation of DevOps in an enterprise IT organisation
As an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to equality in all its practices with regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. If you have any additional requirements or adjustments to assist an application then please don’t hesitate to contact us and advise us how we can best support you.
No agencies/recruiters please. We are only accepting applications directly from the applicants. If you are a recruiter, please refrain from reaching out to our staff about this position. Anything contrary will be treated as unsolicited approach under the applicable data protection law
- Engineering & Technology
- Remote, UK
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
Workplace & Culture
It all started in a pub in Croydon, UK – we even have the original tables and stools in our London Bridge HQ. Today, we’re a growing global business with 350+ employees and counting. So if you’re interested in becoming part of the dotfamily there may be an opportunity for you.
Building tools to help marketers connect with their customers
For over 20 years Dotdigital has been working with brands to improve their marketing and engagement. Our platform has continued to innovate to meet the demands of the data-driven world whose brands and consumers expect seamless, relevant, instantaneous connections wherever they are, whenever.
Dotdigital’s 400+ employees serve mid-market and enterprise companies around the world and across industries. We aspire to inspire responsible marketing and are committed to sustainability, privacy & security. Dotdigital is proud to be the world’s first carbon neutral, ISO14001, ISO 27701 & ISO27001 certified marketing automation platform.
Platform DevOps Engineer
Loading application form
Already working at Dotdigital?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.