The Global Communications & Culture manager will be responsible for establishing, defining and supporting our culture & values, whilst developing our company voice and managing our internal communications. This newly created role will work to ensure our employees are kept informed and motivated, using our existing, and any new, communication channels, such as our staff intranet, people platform, Slack, email, social media and regular newsletters.
You will working closely with the HR team and senior leaders & executives, to establish organisational messaging and keep employees informed of company and employee developments. You will also formulate our internal response to crisis situations. You will also be building on the company's positive culture and values, defining and supporting our culture, values and vision to support our growth and performance goals.
The role is responsible for creating and implementing strategies and programmes that establish and re-enforce our company culture and the overall employee experience & engagement. Global collaboration across all levels of the business and departments/functions is essential.
- Define & Cultivate an organisational culture that promotes exceptional talent, achievement and a high performance
- Define the company culture strategy, objectives and success measures
- Champion and oversee cultural integration across the organisation, globally
- Establishing an internal communications strategy in conjunction with the Operations Board and the Leadership Team
- Developing a company’s internal voice that’s in line with branding and values
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a employee intranet, monthly magazine or regular email bulletin. You may also be required to work on the layout of content
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organisation
- Developing and distributing materials that convey or explain the organisation’s policies, position or position on issues
- Ensuring organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
- Organize information to maintain accuracy particularly over time
- Deliver presentations at organizational events
- Draft messages or scripts from senior leadership for presentation to employees in written or spoken form
- Ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages
- Handle the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organizational operations, perception and reputation
Writing skills: You need excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills to source stories from employees
Speaking skills: You also need strong speaking skills as you are likely to be called on to give presentations to staff. Internal communications managers need sensitivity to an organization's goals, culture and values and the ability to relay them to employees
Interpersonal skills: You need good interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work with all departments and levels in the global business. You also need to possess the confidence to deal with senior executives and explain communication techniques to them.
Creative skills: You need the creative ability to devise communication strategies
Digital skills: Familiarity with information technology, especially digital and video means of communication, is essential. Understanding our sector is crucial.
Culture Definition: working with the HR leadership and broader leadership teams to define and refine our employee culture and values.
As an equal opportunities employer we are committed to equality in all its practices with regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. If you have any additional requirements or adjustments to assist an application then please don’t hesitate to contact us and advise us how we can best support you.
No agencies/recruiters please. We are only accepting applications directly from the applicants. If you are a recruiter, please refrain from reaching out to our staff about this position. Anything contrary will be treated as unsolicited approach under the applicable data protection law