The Dotdigital Custom Technical Solutions team provide our clients with custom built integration solutions that allow them to incorporate the Dotdigital platform in to their wider processes and systems, as well as offering consultancy services that allow them to understand and utilise some of the more advanced features of the system. As a Dotdigital Business Analyst you will be an integral member of the team, ensuring that projects delivered by our developers are fully scoped and considered, while also providing advice and guidance to clients as and when required.
We are looking for someone that has an inquisitive mind, who is driven by a desire to find and deliver the right solutions for clients. Having the ability to apply different techniques to elicit and understand client requirements, as well as explaining the more advanced features of the Dotdigital platform to them with strong communication skills, is a must. You will be required to deal with multiple clients and projects simultaneously, so should have excellent organisational and prioritisation skills. Experience of working for or with an email or multi-channel marketing service provider will be highly beneficial, though not necessarily required depending on your other skills and experience.
- Capturing and analysing business requirements with internal and external parties, analysing customers’ existing systems and business models
- Translating requirements into highly specified project scopes and developer briefs
- Acting as the interface between Business Stakeholders, Technology Stakeholders, and Delivery Teams
- Assessing recommended technology solutions against business requirements
- Advising and consulting on the implementation of customer-built systems integrations
- Support the system development life cycle from design through to implementation
- Planning, supervising, and documenting testing schedules (UAT)
- Contributing to and developing team processes & best practice guidelines
- Engaging the development team in solution scoping process
- Producing initial project feasibility and cost estimate reports
- Helping to ensure that team effort is monitored and deadlines are met
- Supporting existing projects following change requests and system updates
- Keeping up to date with technical and industry developments
- Actively participating in team meetings and discussions
- Review completed projects with Project Manager and apply any learnings to future projects
- Take part in the training of other Dotdigital teams on our services and products as a subject matter expert
The individual will need to have:
- Proven Business Analysis experience (1+ years) in a technology environment (preferably SAAS)
- A logical approach to problem solving
- Good interpersonal and client-handling skills with the ability to manage expectations and explain technical detail
- Business awareness
- A methodical, investigative and inquisitive mind
- Good presentation skills
- Experience of writing technical documentation e.g. statement of works, user guides
- The ability to contribute to a team effort
- Planning and working flexibly to deadlines
- Initiative and self-confidence
- Understanding of programming principles and logic
- Understanding of software development lifecycle
- Exposure to REST/SOAP APIs
- Experience of Project Management / Programme Management Methodologies.
- The ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
It would be desirable but not necessary to have:
- Experience in the email or omnichannel marketing space
- BCS BA certification or equivalent
Some of the above skills and experiences might not be required if you have experience working at an ESP or Omni/Multichannel Marketing Solution Provider in an area providing solutions to customers. Please apply and include further information on how you feel your experience could be useful in this role.
As an equal opportunities employer we are committed to equality in all its practices with regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. If you have any additional requirements or adjustments to assist an application then please don’t hesitate to contact us and advise us how we can best support you.
No agencies/recruiters please. We are only accepting applications directly from the applicants. If you are a recruiter, please refrain from reaching out to our staff about this position. Anything contrary will be treated as unsolicited approach under the applicable data protection law