Dotdigital is looking to hire a Senior Full-stack WordPress Developer to join our marketing website development team. You will work alongside a team of developers and a Website Manager to develop, test, and launch Dotdigital’s portfolio of marketing websites including dotdigital.com.
You will be collaborative in nature, a keen problem solver, strong communicator, and be capable of describing complex concepts both verbally and in writing as you work with a global team of stakeholders.
You will be able leverage both front-end and back-end technologies to make sure the website functions smoothly and correctly.
You will have deep experience both building new sites and extending, maintaining, and untangling established websites.
In this role you will:
- Develop the back-end of dotdigital.com and our portfolio of WordPress websites
- Optimize infrastructure for better scalability
- Discuss the website vision with the UX/UI designer and stakeholders
- Interpret wireframes and website mock-ups supplied by the designer to create smooth, attractive and interactive front-end experiences
- Identify and apply inbuilt development functions from the CMS (WordPress)
- Write clean and maintainable code
- Perform first-level testing of your own projects and second level testing of modules developed by other team members
- Debug both front and back-end code
- Participate in refactoring and continually eradicate technical debt
- Keep documentation up-to-date for code you change and create
- Ensure that project management tools (Asana) reflect accurate status of projects
- Participate in planning and stand-up calls
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Multiple years of commercial website development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a similar field
- Proven work experience as a WordPress developer
- Knowledge of back-end technologies (PHP).SQL and MySQL systems
- Experience with automation in development and CI/CD pipeline
- Knowledge of code versioning tools (Git)
- Experience working with debugging tools
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics
- Good communication and documentation skills
Our existing tech stack:
- UI Design: Adobe XD and Figma
- Multiserver WordPress architecture
- Linux Virtual Machines
- Nginx server
- Azure functions
- Docker (or equivalent)
As an equal opportunities employer we are committed to equality in all its practices with regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. If you have any additional requirements or adjustments to assist an application then please don’t hesitate to contact us and advise us how we can best support you.
No agencies/recruiters please. We are only accepting applications directly from the applicants. If you are a recruiter, please refrain from reaching out to our staff about this position. Anything contrary will be treated as unsolicited approach under the applicable data protection law