We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic email deliverability strategist to join our talented Messaging Operations team.
This role will be a highly valued senior role within the company that will provide strategic help to our customers/internal stakeholders and assist with Dotdigital’s anti-abuse efforts. This person will be key in making sure customers are getting the most from their email programs and that the Dotdigital platform is performing optimally by encouraging best practices. We are looking for someone who is able to share in representing Dotdigital in the industry and make the most of opportunities to champion strategic projects from concept to deployment - while also being hands-on when it comes to rolling up their sleeves to work on the day-to-day.
The role will be joining a team of digital messaging subject matter experts (not just email deliverability). We all know we have more to learn and speak up when we have things to share, and we’re looking for someone who‘ll be passionate about contributing to and growing with us.
- Provide consulting to customers who are experiencing deliverability challenges - both paid for or where it’s needed for customer success.
- Full involvement with operational tasks such as building ramp ups, handling inbound customer support requests via email and Zendesk and handling compliance – respond timely to all inbound requests and keep customers updated accordingly
- Strive to be an expert in the Dotdigital platform as well as deliverability toolsets used
- Be a key escalation point and back up for the team as needed
- With assistance from the entire team, develop and maintain deliverability best practice standards, and communicate these in the form of strategies, policies, procedures, tools and resources
- Make product recommendations and help scope changes needed to keep Dotdigital at the forefront of message technology
- Work with Sales and Customer Success to ensure training and education is where it needs to be to facilitate success
- Proactively identify opportunities to recommend deliverability consulting and communicate that to the account owner/manager
- Assist the global sales organization with RFPs and other needs during the sales process
- Stay current with applicable industry trends, laws and regulations
- Support the Messaging Operations team in building industry relationships
- Represent Dotdigital at industry events and in community forums
Experience & skills
- 5+ years of experience in deliverability - although knowledge and ability are much more important than number of years
- A subject matter expert, both internally and externally
- Proven customer facing experience with strong communication skills
- Able to prioritize competing tasks, handle responsibilities with a sense of urgency, and take accountability
- Able to interpret customer problems, independently research using available resources, and apply practical solutions
- Manage client expectations appropriately and communicate progress back effectively
- Willing to work with customers in multiple time zones and be flexible with the working schedule - don’t worry, personal time is important and the flexibility extends both ways
- Understand the importance of documentation
- Able to manage projects by creating granular tasks to get from start to finish, and be the champion driving your projects forward
- A creative thinker and problem solver who’s happy to step outside their comfort zone and excited to nerd out about deliverability with us
- A team player committed to doing what’s needed for the success for the whole team
- Experience with inbox monitoring tools and seeding platforms (Email on Acid, Validity, Inbox Monster etc.)
- Experience with or the ability to quickly learn Microsoft Office, document sharing services (we use Dropbox), ticketing systems (we use ZenDesk) etc.
Unicorn skills, not required
- MTA management
- SMS or other digital messaging knowledge outside of email
- Interest in occasional public speaking, writing blogs or other ways to help spread Dotdigital’s thought leadership
As an equal opportunities employer we are committed to equality in all its practices with regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. If you have any additional requirements or adjustments to assist an application then please don’t hesitate to contact us and advise us how we can best support you.
No agencies/recruiters please. We are only accepting applications directly from the applicants. If you are a recruiter, please refrain from reaching out to our staff about this position. Anything contrary will be treated as unsolicited approach under the applicable data protection law