Dotdigital are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Platform team.
Dotdigital is a global marketing automation, and customer engagement service provider headquartered in London. Our market-leading Engagement Cloud SaaS platform empowers our clients’ marketing and ecommerce teams to create engaging and relevant multichannel marketing campaigns.
As a Data Engineer you will work alongside our Data Science and Analytics team to deliver machine learning features to our customers. We’re looking for someone with strong engineering skills to help build a new machine learning pipeline capable of meeting our growing demands. Working in C# and Python you will assist our Data Science team and deliver models into production. You will automate the ML model lifecycle from creation, to training, to generating results. Our platform is hosted in Azure and Google cloud so experience with these is a bonus.
You will be working in a scrum team with other software engineers, data scientists, data analysts, as well as QA and product managers. We prioritise customer success; and we’re rigorous about security at every stage of the development lifecycle. Some of our problems are unique to large software – dealing with large datasets, maintaining very high throughput, and 24/7 platform uptime.
We develop using Agile, and have an informal, sociable environment. You will have access to unlimited online training resources via Udemy. Although we’re mostly remote right now, we do have some great offices available to use, if that’s your thing.
What you will do:
- Assist in creating a new Data Science & Analytics platform to create insightful and actionable features for our customers.
- Be our Data Engineering evangelist, understand the ecosystem, the tools available and help deliver cost effective and scalable solutions.
- Understand the needs of your various customers from different units and translate them to modular solutions which are usable by all.
- Share knowledge in our data engineering community, pair program and collaborate on code together with other data engineers within Dotdigital.
- In addition to our SaaS platform you will help internal business teams to run successful data and AI projects.
What you bring:
- Relevant software, data and/or platform engineering experience, building platforms which are modular, testable, scalable and secure.
- Experience with Azure cloud and the ML tools is provides.
- Demonstrable programming experience with C#.
- Knowledge of Python, with demonstrable Python programming experience being a bonus.
- Experience in Agile ways of working, preferably with Azure DevOps.
- Some experience with GCP is also desirable, but not required.
As an equal opportunities employer we are committed to equality in all its practices with regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. If you have any additional requirements or adjustments to assist an application then please don’t hesitate to contact us and advise us how we can best support you.