The BDR Manager is a targeted, commissioned role leading the Business Development Team that forms part of our Direct Sales team. Your job will be to manage the team of BDRs to help them achieve their targets of sourcing and qualifying Leads into Sales Qualified Opportunities (SQO) that the Sales team can then close as Deals.
You will report to the Sales Director.
You will form trusted relationships with Sales and Marketing Management, the wider Sales team, and the Business Development Representative you manage.
You will have a team target based upon the total number of SQOs of the BDR you manage and the revenue we expect to be close from these.
- 70% based upon the quantity of SQOs your BDR team passes to the Sales Team, which are accepted.
- 30% based upon the value of the deals that close where your BDR Team have sourced the SQO.
To succeed in this role, you'll be an expert in CRM for business development purposes, showing your team best practice tips and advice. In addition, time on the phone speaking to prospects is a key success indicator for your team, so being able to lead by example is a must. Finally, conversations will relate to the Prospect's email, SMS, and multichannel marketing automation needs, so awareness of marketing principles and strategies is essential.
This role is ideal for a Business Development Representative with some management experience looking to take a step up and manage a bigger team in a fast-paced, rewarding SaaS environment.
As BDR Manager, you will:
- Create strong relationships with your peers in Sales Management, but also build trusted relationships with managers and individuals in other departments.
- Lead the hiring and interviewing of new Business Development Representatives in your team.
- Working with the Sales Director, defining departmental processes and training, and continually looking for areas for optimisation to help the BDR and Sales teams achieve their targets.
- Deliver the training for new members of the Business Development Team, so they get up to speed with Dotdigital and BDR processes and best practices.
- Conduct regular meetings with members of your BDR team. These include 1-2-1s, Activity Management, Personal Development Planning and Performance Connection check-in.
- Lead the BDR Team meeting creating interesting and engaging content that develops the team skills and creates a positive working environment.
- Work with Sales Operations to monitor KPIs of the team, reporting back areas of strength and concern to the Sales Director.
- Monitor the team's activity stats and continue to drive high activity levels - these are often an early indicator of a BDR hitting target.
- Ensure that CRM and other BDR tools usage meets department standards. Research new tools suitable for the department.
- Stay up to date with trends from within the BDR industry and share them with your team.
Skills and Experience
- 4-5 years experience in a professional environment where contact with prospects and customers is a constant. Ideally, this will be in a SaaS sales environment.
- Experience managing teams to reach or exceed monthly activity goals or revenue target is essential.
- Experience in management is essential.
- You will be part of the Sales Team - excellent written, verbal, problem-solving and interpersonal skills are a must.
- You will be an experienced presenter and communicate information to teams clearly and effectively.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You can cope with pressure without affecting your performance or decision-making.
- You will be self-motivated, competitive and knowledgeable. In addition, strong problem-solving skills, super-organised, high energy and a positive attitude are necessary.
- You'll deeply understand best practice structures and processes for Business Development Teams.
- You will be a natural coach and develop your team's skills to achieve their goals and progress in the business.
- You will have an eye for recognising buying signals and understanding where dotdigital can help Prospects.
- You'll be an expert in using analytics tools like Google Analytics to help identify opportunities. Experience in managing tasks and customer-related activity in a CRM is essential. Ideally, this will be Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Experience using an email outreach program is essential. Ideally, this will be Salesloft.
- Additional languages (Dutch, German, French or Nordic) are desirable.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
As an equal opportunities employer we are committed to equality in all its practices with regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
If you have any additional requirements or adjustments to assist an application then please don’t hesitate to contact us and advise us how we can best support you.