This is a targeted, commissioned role in our Business Development team that forms part of our Direct Sales team. As a Business Development Representative Sales Consultant your job will be to source and qualify Enterprise level leads into sales opportunities, then help manage stakeholders through the sales process that will be run by the Communications API General Manager.
To succeed in this role you will have a work-ethic ‘second to none’ and work to identify and build a suitable target prospect list. Accounts mapped, leads created and time on the phone speaking to prospects are key success indicators. You’ll to bring your organized, structured business development process to the team. You will be self-motivated, competitive, and knowledgeable. You will have an eye for recognising buying signals and understanding where Dotdigital can help the prospect.
These conversations will relate to their customer engagement strategy and marketing needs, focusing on key channels such as Email, SMS, Push, WhatsApp and Live Chat, so a background in multi-channel, email marketing, or CRM is beneficial.
You will be expected to form trusted and high-performing relationship with the Communications API team as well as other Sales Management, Sales team reps, the Marketing team and your Business Development peers.
This is an ideal starting point into a career that progress into Enterprise sales.
- Conduct high level conversations with senior executives in prospect customer and partners.
- Contact 20+ prospects daily via phone, email, and other various forms of outreach.
- Qualify Leads in accordance to criteria provided by CPaaS Sales Manager.
- Create stakeholder maps and gather other useful data where know including such as email send volume, strategic goals and other helpful information to maximise the chances to win opportunities and closing deals
- Generate new pipeline through marketing programs and coordinate meetings with Regional Sales Reps.
- Using a pre-defined marketing effectiveness framework, analyze the websites and marketing of a targeted list of companies to create data and marketing insight.
- Actively participate in and add to team learning opportunities and your own personal development
- Research and build new and existing accounts (i.e. adding calling)
- Help manage stakeholders during the sales process
- Input ideas to differentiate our proposition based on research and interaction with prospectsx`
Skills and Experience
- 2-3 years experience in a professional environment where contact and communication with prospects and customers is a constant. Ideally this will be in a SaaS sales environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- You will be part of the sales team - so excellent written, verbal, problem-solving and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- You'll be comfortable using analytics tools such as Google Analytics to help identify opportunities.
- High energy and a positive attitude is a must.
- Additional languages (Dutch, German, French or Nordic languages) is desirable.
- Experience needed in managing tasks and customer related activity in a CRM, ideally Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Experience using Salesloft a plus.
As an equal opportunities employer we are committed to equality in all its practices with regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
If you have any additional requirements or adjustments to assist an application then please don’t hesitate to contact us and advise us how we can best support you.