This is a targeted, commissioned role in our Sales function that plays in both the Business Development team and Direct Sales team. In this hybrid role, your time, targets and commission will be split equally between the Business Development and Sales. This is an ideal role for making the transition from Business Development into SaaS sales.
When working as a Sales rep, you will be building your experience by closing the lower value leads. You will be responsible for all aspects of the sales process - initial qualification, platform demonstrate, negotiation, forecasting and closing.
When working as a BDR, your job will be to source and qualify leads (that are above the value threshold your work) and pass to your sales teammates. You are also expected to source your own leads to either pass up to Sales or to work and close yourself.
To succeed in this role you will have a work-ethic ‘second to none’ and work quickly and efficiently work through the high volume of leads and opportunities in your name. Time on the phone speaking to prospects is a key success indicator. You will be self-motivated, super organised, competitive and knowledgeable. You will have an eye for recognising buying signals and understanding where dotdigital can help the prospect. You will be skilled in conversations relating to their email and marketing needs - so a background in email marketing automation or an awareness of its principles is beneficial. You will be expected to form trusted and high-performing relationships with your Sales Management, the Sales team, Marketing and your Business Development peers.
- Sales - Take prospective clients (under a certain value) through the full sales process, with the end goal of signing them up to our services.
- Sales - Accurately forecast the value of deals and SRLs you expect to close each month.
- BDR - Conduct high level conversations with senior executives in prospect customer and partners to identifying Budget, Authority, Need, and Timeframe.
- BDR - Contact 30+ prospects daily via phone, email, and other various forms of outreach.
- Work all Leads and Opportunities in your name to the agreed activity levels.
- Generate pipeline through marketing programs and coordinate meetings with Sales Reps.
- Actively participate in and add to team learning opportunities and your own personal development
- Research and build new and existing accounts (i.e. adding contacts, sending emails, strategic calling)
- Maintain your CRM so it is up to date and accurate.
Skills and Experience
- 2 years of experience in a professional environment where contact and communication with prospects and customers is a constant. Ideally this will be in a SaaS sales environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, high energy and positive attitude.
- Experience needed in managing tasks and customer related activity in a CRM.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to forecast accurately
- Experience using Outreach.io or Salesloft,com a plus.