This is a targeted, commissioned role in our Business Development team that forms part of our Direct Sales team. As a Business Development Representative Sales Consultant your job will be to source and qualify leads into sales opportunities that are be passed to your teammates in the Sales team.
To succeed in this role you will have a work-ethic ‘second to none’ and work quickly and efficiently through the high volume of leads your target prospect list. Time on the phone speaking to prospects is a key success indicator. You’ll to bring your organized, structured business development process to the team. You will be self-motivated, competitive, and knowledgeable. You will have an eye for recognising buying signals and understanding where dotdigital can help the prospect.
These conversations will relate to their email and marketing needs so while a background in email marketing automation is not essential, an awareness of its principles is beneficial.
You will be expected to form trusted and high-performing relationships with your Sales Management, the Sales team, Marketing and your Business Development peers. This is an ideal starting point into a career that progress into SaaS sales.
- Conduct high level conversations with senior executives in prospect customer and partners.
- Contact 60+ prospects daily via phone, email, and other various forms of outreach.
- Qualify pre-opportunities by identifying Budget, Authority, Need, and Timeframe.
- Generate pipeline through marketing programs and coordinate meetings with Sales Reps.
- Actively participate in and add to team learning opportunities and your own personal development
- Research and build new and existing accounts (i.e. adding contacts, sending emails, strategic calling)
Skills and Experience
- 1-2 years (3+ years for a senior) of experience in a professional environment where contact and communication with prospects and customers is a constant. Ideally this will be in a SaaS sales environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, high energy and positive attitude.
- Experience needed in managing tasks and customer related activity in a CRM.
- Experience using Outreach.io a plus.