This is a targeted, commissioned role in our UK Direct Sales team. You will be focusing on revenue from prospects interested in the ecommerce features of platform.
In addition to generating your own leads, you will be supported by our dedicated outbound and inbound business development representatives, with leads generated from advertising efforts, and trade shows, word-of-mouth, etc. You will drive the relationship and sale from start to finish before passing your new customer over to our Customer Success team to nurture and grow.
We are looking for new business Sales Consultant with a SME SaaS sales background (e.g. Email Service Providers, AdTech and MarTech providers, ecommerce and CRM platforms etc) and the experience to recognize buying signals and to convert prospects with a consultative approach, listening and understanding where dotdigital can help their business, coupled with negotiating and closing skills and experience.
You will be expected to form trusted and high-performing relationships with your Sales Management and Sales peers, Marketing teams, Business Development teams, Technical Pre Sales, Partner Managers and delivery teams to collaborate and drive new business revenues.
You will be expected to develop a deep understanding of prospects objectives and challenges and deliver the dotdigital solution against these elements. You will be answering technical questions and handling objections, so while a background in email marketing automation is not essential, an awareness of its principles is beneficial.
- Deliver against Quarterly and Annual new customer revenue sales targets.
- Build and manage an active pipeline through the sales cycle to deal close, including providing accurate forecasting of monthly revenue numbers expected to close.
- Generate and identify new self-generated, sales opportunities each month using outbound channels, sales tools and strategies.
- Successfully manage and coordinate between dotdigital and client stakeholders to effectively manage client expectations from initial contact to post sales handover to the onboarding team.
- Track all your activity in our CRM and related tools.
- Close sales opportunities at a rate that is acceptable to Sales Management.
- Maintain the level of discount offered to customers to levels acceptable to Sales Management.
- Respond to prospects requests for face-to-face meetings, RFIs and RFPs by writing high quality sales documents and presentations.
- Accurate and timely qualification of Sales Ready Leads into Sales opportunities. Or disqualification if they do not meet the necessary criteria.
- Conduct a consistently high number of high quality product demonstrations.
- Develop and maintain a deep knowledge of dotdigital platform features, industry, pricing plans and service portfolio to ensure new customers are accurately sold the right solution.
- Continually develop your marketing technology industry knowledge and demonstrate commercial understanding
Skills and Experience
- Proven success in a target-driven new business sales role – meeting and exceeding sales quota in a team-based environment.
- Experience selling digital technology and service solutions with Email Service Providers, MarTech, AdTech, SaaS vendors, ecommerce and CRM platforms and/or related agency ecosystems
- Demonstrated experience partnering with internal marketing, Business Development teams, sales engineering, Partner Managers, and client/professional service teams to close new business.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Strong phone sales, negotiation, communication, and presentation skills.
- A University degree is desirable.
- Formal sales training is a plus.