Head of Product Design and UX
We are looking for a Head of Product Design and UX to join the Product Management team, based in our East Croydon product hub.
The dotdigital platform is known for its ease of use and creating beautiful, functional designs that contribute seamlessly to user experience is critical to us as we continue to expand as a customer engagement platform.
We are seeking additional strong leadership in product design and user experience to ensure that our design and engineering teams can execute at scale without loss in quality.
To excel in this role, you must have an excellent understanding of how to apply design and UX methodologies at scale in an agile organization.
Working closely with our Product Director and Product Managers and with our Marketing, Sales and Development teams you will take responsibility for design and user experience within our leading customer engagement platform. You are expected to be an expert in your field, conducting in-depth market research and guiding the product design and user experience through its entire lifecycle.
This is a hands-on role and proven experience in the field of large-scale B2B SaaS products is key for this position and experience with digital marketing platforms would be highly beneficial.
Our ideal candidate will have a record of success in SaaS product environments, delivering measurable results. This team member should have the ability to work enthusiastically with the engineering teams and other colleagues outside of Product Management to achieve business objective.
- Lead the dotdigital product design and user experience, collaborating with product managers and software engineers establishing an end-to-end workflow designed to best serve those needs
- Empower and mentor your team, fostering a collaborative, productive, and positive environment
- Maintain and build design team workflows that ensure that all designs delivered are in line with our style guides and very high-quality standards
- Work with your team to optimize output and ensure that agreed deliverables are completed on time
- Lead your team in expanding mastery of the business goals of each design request and pushing back on stakeholders with innovative UX/UI proposals
- Lead iteration cycles with stakeholders and push designs forward according to the team’s vision and understanding of the business goals
- Be highly communicative both within the product management team and to stakeholders across the company
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas
- Lead design team meetings and communicate with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences and facilitate the product vision
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Make strategic design and user experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Always put the user first in design and drive exceptional customer experiences across our product portfolio
Skills & Experience
- You must be extremely pragmatic and have 5+ years of experience as a product designer with proven experience of leading design efforts
- Experience of leading one or more visual designers and collaborating with multiple product managers with specialized responsibilities
- Proven experience of building and maintaining style guides and streamlined UI/UX workflows
- Experience with SaaS B2B software or, at a minimum, operationally complicated software (i.e not just single purpose apps)
- Extensive mastery of Photoshop, Adobe XD, Balsamiq, Axure, Illustrator, Sketch, InVision or other design tools, with a strong understanding of when each tool should be used
- Ability to create and work towards an overall product design vision that meets and enhances business goals across the company
- Ability to consider long-term sustainability in all design decisions and maintain an eye for reusability in designs
- Significant experience working in Agile environments
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Good academics (or equivalent work experience)
- Highly skilled at critical decision-making; ability to evaluate business issues and resolve problems
- Must be able to thrive in a highly dynamic, flexible work environment and switch rapidly from strategy to execution
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- You are passionate for and have a good understanding of new technology and digital marketing trends
- You are a great builder of solid working relationships with peers and leaders
- You work closely with other colleagues and bring people with you on the product journey
- You are creative, analytical and pragmatic. You will be able to provide recommendations and make decisions on behalf of the customer and business
- You are detailed-focus and can plan well; you will look ahead, raise issues, provide solutions, and hit deadline
- You are a very strong communicator to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation
- You are a natural at presenting your ideas to stakeholders and the rest of the business
Who we are
Founded in a London pub in 1999, we’ve come a long way to get here. Today, dotdigital has over 350 employees and offices across four continents. dotdigital’s easy-to-use Engagement Cloud combines powerful technology with passionate people to deliver an unbeatable service.
Engagement Cloud is an omni channel marketing platform, allowing businesses to engage with their customers through email, SMS, social media and advertising via mobile, web and chat technologies.
In our efforts to pre-empt customers’ needs, we’ve expanded far beyond the capabilities of a simple email provider. We’ve added channels, features, and integrations to our platform, year on year, until becoming a customer engagement platform with powerful omnichannel capabilities.
Whether you are a developer, customer service specialist, digital designer or marketer, dotdigital hires across a broad spectrum of skills and we never stop hiring! We have offices in London, East Croydon, Manchester and Cheltenham in the UK.
Our international locations include New York, Los Angeles, Sydney, Melbourne, Cape Town and Minsk.