Business Development Representative
In this role, you will be joining our direct sales team in Melbourne and will focus on developing our APAC market. You’ll be responsible for generating sales qualified opportunities through outbound prospecting and inbound sales leads.
As the first point of contact with new prospects you’ll be building and maintaining relationships by understanding their business needs and providing the solutions through our product features and services. This will lead to meetings or demo-bookings for the members of our sales team.
You are ambitious and looking to build your career in a global digital technology company.
Organised and detail focussed, you are a natural communicator with a good grounding in sales. You are tech-savvy and passionate about providing technology solutions in a business-to-business context. Experience in the digital marketing industry is ideal, with tech SaaS experience desirable. You are aiming to build a career in sales, and, in return, we will provide you with the career development and experience to progress.
From the start, you are a key component of our sales team, earning a full sales compensation package that outstrips many of our Marketing Technology competitors. As a member of our sales team, you will earn a base salary in addition to target-driven commission earnings, and a comprehensive benefits package. When you have consistently hit your targets for a year you will be eligible for promotion to the next tier in our team.
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of all dotdigital Engagement Cloud features
- Source new business opportunities through outbound prospecting, utilizing the tools at your disposal
- Picking up inbound leads generated through the business’ marketing efforts
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
- Strive to understand customer needs and requirements
- Build relationships with prospects by gaining insight into their businesses, enabling you to provide solutions for their omni-channel marketing requirements
- Route qualified opportunities to sales consultants for further development and closure
- Utilise CRM software to record activity, monitor, and advance opportunities
- Achieve and exceed monthly & annual targets
- A record of accomplishment in a B2B Sales Development role
- An understanding of developing relationships with decision makers within marketing teams
- A customer-oriented approach
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Tech-savvy and passionate about technology solutions
- Very organised and process-driven; capable of multi-tasking with good time-management
- Experience with CRM tools
Who we are
Founded in a London pub in 1999, we’ve come a long way to get here. Today, dotdigital has over 350 employees and offices across four continents. dotdigital’s easy-to-use Engagement Cloud combines powerful technology with passionate people to deliver an unbeatable service.
Engagement Cloud is an omni channel marketing platform, allowing businesses to engage with their customers through email, SMS, social media and advertising via mobile, web and chat technologies.
In our efforts to pre-empt customers’ needs, we’ve expanded far beyond the capabilities of a simple email provider. We’ve added channels, features, and integrations to our platform, year on year, until becoming a customer engagement platform with powerful omnichannel capabilities.
We have offices in New York, Los Angeles, Sydney, Melbourne, Cape Town, Minsk, London (HQ), East Croydon, Singapore, Manchester and Cheltenham.