We’re looking for an enthusiastic Accounts Assistant to join our finance team of 20
This is a great opportunity for a part-qualified, commercially astute accountant to join a rapidly expanding company within a career progression role for the right candidate.
We offer a competitive salary package, a great working environment in our vibrant offices in London Bridge and the opportunity to become part of a thriving fast growing, award winning company.
The role will suit a candidate able to take ownership of the operational finance function and reporting, analysing issues and solving problems.
The ideal candidate will perform well under pressure and be able to undertake ad-hoc projects.
The role will be challenging but highly rewarding. You will be reporting to the Finance Manager.
- Shared responsibility for overlooking the day to day running of the Group’s subsidiaries with the other members of the team and ensuring that the management accounts are closed on a timely basis.
- Preparation of VAT returns within statutory deadlines, ensuring its completeness and accuracy
- Business partnering with relevant managers within the company to provide financial support and information
- Systems development and improvements for increased efficiencies
- Assist in the preparation of interim and year end management accounts for the Group audit and preparing audit schedules
- Ability to produce Ad-hoc reports when required and taking the lead on departmental projects.
- ACCA/CIMA part-qualified (finalist would be considered)
- The ideal candidate will have between 2 – 5 years industry experience working in a busy finance team;
- SAGE and MS EXCEL experience essential- min Sage Line 200 (other systems will be considered if candidate can demonstrate a good understanding of accounting packages)
- Good understanding of SME organisations and particularly the direct impact of their work has on the organization.
- Will need to be confident, motivated and have a professional manner. They will need to have good time management and organisational skills and be willing to learn and show an appetite to progress within the role.
- The department works under a monthly plan (which may change depending on time of year) which aims to hit targets to improve the overall performance of the entire group.
- The atmosphere is intellectually challenging, demanding, friendly, non-bureaucratic and continually evolving. Although the atmosphere is relaxed it is highly professional in nature and very much committed to providing a quality service to our customers and satisfying their needs.
- Dynamic role which will evolve and change as the company grows and evolves to meet its business needs.